Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Friday, July 22, 2005

The excitement of a child...

How wrapped up in our adult world we get... It's hard to remember what it felt like to be so excited by something you shivered! This is aparrently how Romy felt this evening when we went to Normanby Park's "Picnic in the Park". All it was was a few fairground rides, sideshows and a stage for performances but to her it obviously seemed like something amazing. (We do take her out, honestly! ;o) The ten pounds I had in my pocket were soon spent I tell you! The most exciting thing I parted with inordinate amounts of cash for was a HUGE inflatable slide (£2 for 6 mins!!!) This aparrently made Romy's tummy hurt because it was sooooo exciting :o) Bless! I just get choked up when I see that look of pure happiness on her face.

We had a walk to Ashby library yesterday. Spent a while reading some books and choosing LOTS (for me to carry home!) Romy signed up for The Reading Voyage. I loved the look on the librarians face when she asked Roo which school she goes to and she replied "I don't go to school." Yey, we're out and proud!! It's a great scheme. The child reads six books over the summer hols and rates them. Each time they bring a book back they tell the librarian a bit about it and collect stickers/pencils/bookmarks, etc. This is the third year Romy's taken part. They even get a medal and certificate at the end.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

We're signing up to the Reading Voyage thing next week. Our librarian i Bawtry was pleasantly surprising when told by Myf that she didn't go to school. "How nice for you!" she said. Had to laugh at that. :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

I love it when you get those responses. It's so unexpected that it makes it even better. In my experience it's usually older people who say things like that.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Em said...

I can remember doing a Reading Voyage type thing a few years running when I was little, no idea how old, I'm guessing about 10 or something. I used to love it! I can even remember going to pick up something or other at the library as a prize. Maybe it was for writing a review or something. I hope my girls are as bookish as I was.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Jax said...

It amuses me no end when the adult in question looks at me like I'm going to correct Big and I don't...

Yes, we're signed up as well. Think the first book is probably going to be the Elizabeth textbook - that should raise some eyebrows as well ;)

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home