Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Weekend update.

Saturday morning was spent getting up far too early and going to Taekwondo. Such lovely teachers they have there. If only all school teachers were that great!I think Romy has an unrealistic view of what a teacher is, having a brilliant swimming instructor too, lol. I'm not saying all school teachers are awful. They most certainly aren't. Some are though, and when you're unfortunate to get one it can make your school year hell.

After TKD Daddy took Roo to the museum for an archaeology day full of activities. She came back with arms full of brass rubbings and information about pottery. Very useful when at Nana's today as her garden is full of old bits of buried pottery. Roo loves nothing better than to dig around for it and carefully wrap it up to bring home. Here she is at the museum (looking rather tired - well, I did say we'd got up early!)















While they were off learning about pots I was at home learning about Hopi Ear Candling. I've nearly finished my final paper so I'll be able to add that to the Reiki and Aromatherapy I can offer when I finally get off my bum and start my own business.

After a spot of rock smashing in the garden (to release the fossils we could see in the rockery stones) Romy and I played Taekwondo in the garden. She was the teacher, lol.

Today we went to my Mum's for a lovely outdoor lunch. Thanks Mum. You're the best :o) Romy took her "Baby box" to show her Nana. It's full of stuff like her cord clamp, birth cards, first pair of shoes, etc, etc, etc (it's a BIG box!) I don't like looking through it. It makes me feel all funny. Where did those six years go??? *sob*

Anyway, better go. We've only just come in from playing in the garden (in the dark) while Colin was out. Off to read more adventures from the Faraway Tree folk now. Oh it's a hard life! Well, no school in the morning ;o)

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

We've just read the "Folk of the Faraway Tree" dd loved it. Went to get one of the others fronm the library yesterday but they didn't have any.
Can you use hopi candles on kids? Dd is terribly dead atm as v waxy ears, wondering if they would help?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

That should read *deaf* but you probably guessed that!!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Yes Nicki you can. As long at she doesn't have grommets fitted. Hopi is often seen as a less intrusive alternative to ear syringing.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

thanks, will give it a go then if she is willing!

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home