Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, September 11, 2005

R.I.P Squeak :o(((((

Ok, so at just before 9 o'clock last night Squeaky passed away on my knee. It was very sad but very peaceful. We were going to take him to the vet at about six as we knew he'd had it, but I'm glad we didn't have him euthanaised in the end. He died on a nice, soft cushion on his Mummy's knee.

He had stopped even taking water or baby food with a syringe. It was just pouring out of his mouth and he wasn't swallowing. I had a bit of a cry when I finally realised this was it. He was so weak he wasn't even moving. I took a photo of him before we had to go out at 1pm:

When we came back he was still there on the settee. I tried a few times to get something into him but he couldn't manage it. As the evening wore on we all had a cuddle and let Pippy say goodbye (his brother.) Here's Romy having a cuddle:

At about ten to nine his breathing became shallow and then we realised he'd gone. We all had a cry and a cuddle. Romy let him have her football boots box as a coffin and we laid him on the towel he'd been on for the last four days. It was hard getting to sleep last night. Roo and I stayed up talking and drawing till midnight. She drew a lovely picture of Annie, our old dog as an angel, so I added Squeak with a halo.

This morning we buried Squeak in the garden and I made him this headstone. Romy wanted to add this little guinea pig ornament to it as she thought it looked like Mr. Squeak.


We're going to have to turn down Kris's kind offer of a baby female piggy I'm afraid. We did think about it a lot but with Pip being male, well... Put it this way, we'd either need a new cage or lots of homes for new baby piggies! We spoil our pigs as they're indoor ones so I'd be too fussy about new homes and end up keeping them all myself and be overrun :) I think we're going to get a new baby male asap. Don't really feel like it at the moment but for Pippy's sake. He seems so lonely all by himself :(

4 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

((((((Hugs to you all)))))
So sorry :-( I'm glad Squeak died surrounded by love and cuddles. Thinking of you all xxxx Nikki, Jon and Emily

5:57 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Oh what sad news, I'm so sorry. (((hugs))) to you everyone.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Have boy piggy ready and waiting to go to a new home! Only offered you the girl as I thought someone else was having Toblerone. But he's up for grabs again. Would even deliver him, to such a good home!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words :)

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home