Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Get ready for the readathon!

We've borrowed the Nanny McPhee book from Emily. I'm going to start reading it in a minute and see if we can finish it before Wednesday. That's when we're planning on going to the cinema to see the film. It's a very thick book, so wish me luck ;o)

Went to Asda today to spend our lottery winnings on dog food, hay and some clothes for us (a rare luxury!) Roo got some trainers which she needed desperately, some black tights, a long purple skirt and some jog pants (£2 bargain.) I got a bra, some trousers and a top v. cheap and Colin got a jumper for work.

Talking of bargains; we went into a charity shop yesterday and I got Roo the funkiest pair of hippy jeans for £1.19. I also got a few tops for my friend Theresa's little boy for 59p each. She loved them, even though she'd never dream of going into a charity shop herself. Weird eh?

Whilst we were in there Colin went next door to Toymaster to open a christmas savings club thingy for Romy's Playmobil noah's ark. We can't afford to pay it all at once, so this way we can pay it bit by bit knowing it's put away until December.

Colin (and Roo!) went up into the attic today to retrieve my wool and crochet hooks that have been up there for umpteen years. I didn't realise there was so much wool! And so many half started crochet projects. Don't know what to do with it all.

Went out for a lovely meal with my Mum and Stepdad today (thanks Mum!)

Here's a funny pic of little Toby attempting to hide in my slipper! He's such a little scaredy-pig that he just crawled in and thought he was completely hidden, lol. Bless him :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Ooh - Toby looks so cute! And big too.

Can we be next in line for the Nanny McPhee books? I'm dying to see that movie. lol

And as for the wool - just field it my way if you don't want it anymore. I'll have plenty of room to expand my wool stash once my extension is finished!! :) I've also got lots of patterns etc if you want inspiration to start crocheting again.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

He is getting big now, but he's really timid compared to the other two.

Just read five chapters of the book to Roo and we didn't think that much to it really. Think we'll just wait until weds to watch the film.

Will def sort some wool out for you if you like. I'm doing a scarf for Roo at the mo' but I can't find any of my pattern books. Thought they'd be with the wool bit it's like the Bermuda Triangle in this house :o(

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home