Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Surreal, horrible day :o(

What an awful day. Last night we heard banging next door, so I looked out of the window and saw two ambulances and a police car outside their house. They had a ladder up to the bedroom window and were breaking in. It was so scary. We Knew something awful must have happened. A woman lives there with her 13-year-old daughter and her Dad. The ambulance went away after a while without taking anyone away. It turns out that the woman and her daughter are on holiday in Spain and her Dad died on Sunday night of a heart-attack in his bedroom. He'd been there for 24 hours before they found him. Poor bloke. He was so lovely too, and only about 60. I can't imagine how awful it is/will be for them when they find out in Spain and have to come back. It's horrible to think that he was there all that time just a room away from us and we didn't know - just carried on as normal. The poor little dog was in the house too.

You can imagine how weird we've been feeling today. It was bad enough last night going to bed not knowing what had happened. Roo was very scared and didn't want to go to sleep. But today when I had to break the news to her about what had happened, the poor love was so scared. She hasn't wanted to go anywhere without me today. I think the house will feel a bit creepy to her for a while :o( Lots of cuddles and playing have been the order of the day.

We have managed a bit of work though. I ordered a handwriting rescue kit from Brightminds last week. I have to say that it's absolutely fantastic. I'm very impressed (though not with the price. I've just found it much cheaper and with free postage at bol.com!) So anyway, we've made a start on that. We did lots of science today from the Letts KS1 Scuccess book. We also did some mental maths and some fractions on-line at this site.

Before I go, here are a couple of pics of Roo in her new Leadership team uniform.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home