Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Some good news at last.

Colin has just rung me from work to say he's been given the job that he interviewed for. I'm so pleased for him. It's been a long time coming, I tell you. It's at the same company, but it's a better job (with a lot less hassle!) So I've told him he'll have no excuse for being grumpy now ;o) Nice Christmas present eh?

Romy is watching a Disney sing-along-a-Christmas songs video at the moment. She has such a good social conscience for her age, she makes me laugh. Donald, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc are in a sleigh being pulled by Pluto and Roo just said "That poor dog. Why does he have to pull the sledge just because he can't talk? Goofy is a dog too." ROFL.



Here's Roo dressed for her Rainbows Christmas party last night. She had a fab time :o) Earlier on we had a great afternoon with Emily and Nikki. The girls did some glass painting and the results were lovely. Lots of pressies for family for Xmas then...

Romy is really enjoying advent. She gets up and scoffs her own sweets (before breakfast! Hey it's only once a year ;o)) Then she opens Tilly's calendar and makes her do tricks for her treats. Finally she opens her favourite; a Playmobil advent calendar from my Mum. It has a little animal or person in each box. They're then added to a cardboard scene to be played with. Romy is mad on Playmobil stuff.

Last night while Roo was at her party I bunged some more stuff on eBay including some gorgeous towels my Mum has made.




Romy and I have been doing various other Christmassy things: we made a carols/song book by printing out loads of songs from www.carols.org.uk and pasting them in a home made book. Roo then decorated the cover. We've also made more presents and cards. We played a funny game the other day; a post-it note game. We wrote names of famous people down and stuck them to each other's forehead. We then asked questions to guess who we were. Colin was Michael Jackson but couldn't guess for toffee!!

My Brother made my day on Sunday. I haven't seen him for a long time and when he saw how much weight I'd lost he burst into tears and hugged me really hard! Bless him ;o)

Better go. We're going to do a jigsaw of the world on the table while it's actually clear, lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Congrats Colin!!! That's brilliant news! :-))))

Meant to say to you yesterday but forgot, could we buy a cat towel with Emily's name on, please? (Surprise, she doesn't know she's getting one). Let me know how much etc next time we see you.

Love Nikki xxx

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jax said...

Love those towels.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home