Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Rain rain go away.

Didn't go out anywhere today because of the wetness of the rain. I know, we should go out and dance naked in it but I'm getting too old and boring for that. (Oh flip, I can't believe I just said that. *Note to self* Next time it rains at least try a little fully-clothed jig in the garden.)

Being boring (but dry) indoors we did another picture for Roo's illustrator project. I remembered the fantastic Calvin and Hobbes books I have upstairs from my teenage years, so whe each did a picture from those. Here's Romy's picture of Calvin walking to the bathroom in the night (yawning) and Hobbes leaping on him :o) Followed by my effort (which I'm not very pleased with.

We watched more Five Star this afternoon, rofl. Roo has been singing Rain or Shine ever since ;o) Will probably put the videos away for another ten or so years now!

Am beginning to mildly panic about Romy's party now. It's just over two weeks away and we have absolutely nothing sorted, apart from the hall being booked. Oh. Dear. I shall Officially Begin to Panic on Saturday as it will be two weeks away then. Just to pre-warn anyone who may come into contact with me on that day.

Other stuff we've been up to today; went to TKD where there was a guest instructor for both Roo's and Colin's class. I sat and had a good old gas to a sparkly new friend of mine. (Hope that's not being too forward of me if you're reading this :op) We watched an episode of A Bit of Fry and Laurie whilst having our tea and then did some v boring tidying up. Romy is currently doing a 'Big Art Attack' on the living-room floor using what seems like everything we own (tidying was big fat waste of time then.) Oh, and I made a half-hearted attempt to look for party game ideas here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

LOL at your "wetness of rain" comment! :-)

Things I've been meaning to say:

- Am very impressed with your artwork. As someone who can just about manage a stick-bloke as long as he hasn't got something complicated like a bent knee or a dimple on his chin, I am in awe.

- Am also very impressed with your little weightloss ticker. Have been stuck on 10ish pounds here for much much too long. Back to porridge (or no porridge, if you see what I mean) on Monday :-/

12:49 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Thank you :o)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Elder Faery said...

Oak and I once ran starkers around the garden in a summer rainstorm and the kids and our neighbours were dizguzted. It's incredibly liberating to do it though and should be done at least once every 5 years.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home