Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, April 23, 2006

To those who lurketh...

Yes, I'm talking to you! Why not take a second to register and leave a comment saying hello? You might just make my day :o) I've recently been surprised and pleased to have a couple of people tell me they read this blog every day. These were not people I knew were reading so it got me wondering just how many people read this on any given day. I just write it really for posterity; for Roo to look back on, but it's nice to know that people other than my Mum and a couple of others might be interested in what we've been up to.

Which leads me nicely onto our weekend, which has been very enjoyable indeed. 'Official Panic Day' came and went on Saturday without so much as a tremble, never mind a breakdown. I always did leave my homework till the night before ;o) We have however made some headway today with party organising. We sorted out the stuff we got from the scrapstore yesterday and the stuff we'd already collected for party bags. We have a HUGE pile of girls stuff and a weeny boys one. Oh dear. What do boys like? Colin suggested marbles and polystyrene aeroplanes, until I suggested that he must be living in 1975, rofl. Good job he's not in charge of that dept then. We decided on some last minute invitees today so had to cobble together a couple more invitations out of bits. One only had Dorothy and Toto on as we didn't have any other characters made and I couldn't face another marathon session. Looks like everyone we invited is coming. It's going to be a lovely mish-mash of ages, from one to 13! Just like a home ed event then ;o)

Yesterday after XMA we nipped into town to the scrapstore. We were a bit disappointed with it. It seems to have gone downhill. The stuff has decreased in quality and volume and increased in price. Got a few bits though. Next stop was the opticians for Roo. I know there's nothing wrong with her eyesight but we thought it was about time she had a check-up. She had a whale of a time in there, looking at 3D flies and all sorts (?!) The optician said she has perfect vision, in fact better than it should be until she's nine. Don't know what on earth that means. Sounds odd to me. She'll end up wearing glasses as a teenager though. Both Colin and I did. Romy's not bothered. She thinks she looks pretty in glasses and I must say I heartily agree!

When we got home Roo played in the garden for a bit and we tidied up. My Mum and Robert came round to look after Roo for the evening and we went out to a friend's 30th birthday party. It's the first time we've been out without her for years. Romy watched Oz with Nana while we were out and it was nice for us to see old friends. It was supposed to be fancy dress (pop and rock stars) and, quite frankly we made very little effort I'm ashamed to say. We both drew a blank so decided to go as generic rockers (in other words, we went as ourselves, only I had more eyeliner on, lol.)

This afternoon we went for a looong walk with Tilly who found more fox poo to roll in *sigh*. Here are some pics:

Romy re-visiting the scene of last weeks falling-out-of-tree incident. (The tall bit just out of shot.)
A lonely daffodil.
Me rescuing a bumble bee. I almost trod on it so I moved it off the path. I know, I'm a vegan weirdo.
The gatekeeper.
Talking of vegan weirdos. Here's the next generation hugging a tree :o)))
Practicing horse riding.

Ooh, that reminds me. Our friend has offered Roo a ride on her pony this week. She's over the moon. We could never have afforded those lessons. It just goes to show that if you're patient and don't expect everything like, NOW, something usually crops up. Can't wait to see that!

Colin is out for the evening so we're off to do the 'girl's night in' thang. Reading books and demolishing a chocolate bunny. Bliss with my girl :o)

9 Comments:

Blogger HelenHaricot said...

hello - I read about once a week. does that count as a delurk?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Ooh, hello Helen. That was quick! Thanks for de-lurking :o)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Hi, I read your blog, not every day I must confess but when I do I read right through what I've missed. Unfortunately I never seem to have enough time to comment on blogs- sorry,lol. I'll try harder from now on!
Carolxxx
(http://meagainsttheworld.blogsome.com/)

2:35 AM  
Blogger Elder Faery said...

Hazel, you already have a tree name!!!! This de-lurking thing could be like the way the library's sometimes have an amnesty on non-returned books;) The bumble bee rescue made me chuckle.

5:31 AM  
Blogger ~*~ Linda ~*~ said...

I read sometimes too.

my boys (aged 9 and 10)like planes and marbles - dont know if that helps? also those power ball things are good, or chalk maybe?

9:11 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I read when I manage a trip round the ring - once a week or two I guess. Don't think I've commented here before though, so hello :)

Marbles and polystyrene aeroplanes go down well here (with my girls as well as the boy, lol), so I guess we're as retro as Colin ;-) Can't think what else I'd put in a party bag though (tbh I have vowed never to do them!), but if you can wait until Saturday I could report back as the boy is going to a party!

12:43 PM  
Blogger GailnRae said...

Hi Hazel, it does sound like you've had a busy week! Good luck with the party and Birthday wishes to Romy. Some lovely photos this week. It will be fantastic for Roo to look back on all her adventures in years to come. Used to absolutely love going riding at Normanby when I was little...very jealous!

4:18 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Ooh, Hi Gail. Thanks for de-lurking ;o) Party was fab BTW.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home