Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Monday, May 22, 2006

Birthday Blues ;o)

Mine that is! No, not really. I think 30 was the worst as it seemed so "Aaargh, I'm a grown-up!" 31 was quite bad too as it only proved that I was now in my 30's and couldn't go backwards :0) 32 doesn't seem so bad, or maybe I'm just resigned to the inevitable, lol. Mind you, looking ten times better than I did at 30 helps too I suppose ;o) I can't believe I'm going to do this, but here's me at 30:

And me now:
Hey, that makes me feel alot better. Roll on 34 eh? (Still have mucho weight to lose.)

So what have we been up to this weekend? Well, I felt all scrinkly and pre-menstrual on Saturday, so I was a bit moany. We went to XMA in the morning and then I made a start on my Aromatherapy final exam. I was so disappointed to come home from the lakes and find no certificate. I had no idea there was a final sodding exam :o( All the assignments have been out of 30 or 40 but this is out of 150!! The last question is worth 70 marks on its own. Gah!!

Colin played Playmobil with Roo while I had a nice bath. Then I went out to the cinema with my friend Theresa. We wanted to see Confetti but when we got there the projector was broken or something, so we had to see Prime instead. It wasn't too bad. It was just nice being selfish for once and going out on my own. Having a couple of hours to myself with a good friend was bliss. We had a right laugh too, which was a good antidote to the earlier pre-mestrual skrinklyness ;o)

While I was out Colin and Roo did a lovely watercolour picture each. Here's a scan of them:


Yesterday Romy went to her friend's party at a local play area thingy "Cheeky Chimps." She had a great time and was very pleased to get her chips and beans first, while everyone else had to serve themselves from a platter of chips, sausage rolls and chicken nuggets, lol. Instead of ice-cream she got a fruit bag, yum. She didn't eat much though, she was too eager to go back and play :o) Abigail was also invited, so her and Roo had a good play and Theresa and I had a goss.

We went to my Mum's for dinner later. She'd made me a fabulous birthday cake as a surprise. There are two bits left, so Roo and I are going to have them in a mo'! Need to tidy a bit too while Roo gets on with her 'school' work.

Got some lovely stuff for bday: Roo and Colin bought me some Derwent watercolour/pastel pencils/paper, etc. Tee hee, my hints at the pencil museum paid off then! They went out on Saturday to get them. I got money from my Mum, a Reiki CD from Nikki and some vegan face cream and a mirror that says "Out of my way. I'm fabulous!" from My friend Amanda. The postman has just brought a card from my Grandma with £5 in and a scratchcard. Didn't win though ;o)

Ooh, Roo has just told me she's got a wobbly tooth. That'll be her ninth one lost (and her first canine!) Cool :o)

8 Comments:

Blogger Roo's Dad said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY H.......

Will treat you to a nice take away if you want.....May have to wait until Payday though :)

3:41 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Happy Birthday! And you look *fab* btw!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Aah, thanks Deb :o)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Lovely picture of you, you look great!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Wow, you're quite gorgeous, aren't you? :) You look at least 10 years younger than you did at 30, well done on doing so well at losing so much weight.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

*Blushes* :o)

1:02 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

wow is all i can say!!!
please tell me your secret cos im trying and failing miserably to lose weight.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

oopsie forgot to say Happy Birthday XXX

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home