Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, May 06, 2006

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS.

9.30am: Well I got lots done last night and then left a list for Colin to start on in the morning ;o) I finally went to bed at 3am! Got up at 8.30 so that Roo could open her cards and pressies before going to XMA. She got 13 cards just in the post! My friend Amanda made her a lovely Wizard of Oz one and we got her a Clarice Bean one when we went to Nottingham. "Hey, how did you get this without me seeing?" Lol. My aunty sent Roo a wonderful box-set of Wordsworth classics and some craft materials. More stuff to read ;o) She got money in a few of the cards too. We could only afford to get her a couple of DVD's because we've spent a fortune on the party and the food :o( We got her Narnia and a couple of cheapies off eBay; Heidi and Return to Oz.

Colin has taken Roo off to XMA so I'll save this as a draft and add to it later. I'm off to tidy up and start on the food. Eep! Wish me luck.

11am: Ooh I'm really proud of myself. I'm getting loads done but I'm not rushing around. I'm trying to remember that it's my 'birth' day as well as Romy's and it's not all about this two-hour party. I'm taking time to relax in-between jobs. I've just painted my nails green (I'm the Wicked Witch of the West, lol.) I have Morrissey, The Goo Goo Dolls, Keane and Alison Moyet on whilst I'm working too, which helps :o) Roo will be back in a mo', the Linda McCartney sausage rolls are on and I'm chillin' ;o) Ask me again in a couple of hours, tee hee. Better go.

8.30pm: Well I'm too shattered to write much, but I wanted to put some pics up of the big event. Without further ado I present the cake... (note the Wicked Witch of the East's legs sticking out complete with Barbie shoes!)
And here's another with Roo hardly able to resist it anymore ;o)))
Colin in his usual apparel, er, sorry dressed as the scarecrow. The chocolate fountain proved a real hit.
Just one more chocolate strawberry!
The Wicked Witch of the West and Dorothy call a truce.
A cutesy baby lion.
And still they come for more chocolate!
Roo covered in confetti from the party poppers.

Roo is still in her Dorothy dress! Do they do Dorothy pyjamas???

When we got home Romy had a great time opening all her cards and pressies. She got 35 cards altogether! There were some lovely gifts too, including lots more books and a big bag of surprises from Emily :o)

I'm going to put my feet up now. I ache all over. It took me an hour to put these photo's on 'cos Blogger is playing up :o( Then I published the post and half of it disappeared!!!!! Grrrrr... It's now 10.15pm and I'm off!

4 Comments:

Blogger lucy said...

Wow - what a fantastic birthday -Roo obviously loved it all. Cake looks utterly amazing!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Looks fab, glad it all went well. :-)

1:31 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

The party pictures look great. Roo is a lucky girl, what wonderful memories you're creating!
Happy 7th birthday Roo!

1:48 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

the party looked great bet Romy had a fab time!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home