Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ruby Slippers.

Here are Romy's Ruby Slippers for the party on Saturday. I am so pleased with how they've turned out. My Mum got the shoes from a charity shop. They were plain black and I used some red glitter glue to turn them into fabulous ruby slippers. I've had to put four layers on. I wish I'd kept them as a surprise for Roo, but never mind. She loves them. I had to prise them from her feet to put the last layer on as she was dragging poor Tilly (Toto) around the house as Dorothy :o)

We had a fantastic weekend. Saturday was the graduation which I've already written about. On Sunday we went to my Mum's for dinner. Romy played with her two cousins, generally having a riot of a time. We left Tilly there for my Mum to look after as we were planning to do a car boot sale the next morning. On Sunday night Colin went out to play D&D with his mates as usual. He dropped Roo and I off at U's house. I had a good old chinwag with U, her hubby A and her fantastic daughter M. She's 13 and I love her to pieces already and I've only known her a couple of weeks. Roo ran around the house like a Demented Thing with the two boys R and R. We got to hold their corn snakes which was weird, and Roo, R and R spun each other round mercilessly in one of these cool chairs. By the time we left at 11.15pm Romy felt thoroughly sick! This is a photo of how she fell asleep on the settee as soon as she got in :o) (She was fine though.)

On Bank Holiday Monday we dragged our sorry butts out of bed at 6am to do a car boot sale. Gaaah! I HATE doing those, but needs must. We were desperate to earn £30 to pay for Romy's party (the hiring of the hall) so even though it was peeing it down we had to go ahead :o( To cut a long story short, it was a total washout and we only ended up making £20. Boo! Never mind. We put it down to experience and went home to bed for a bit after picking Tilly up from my Mum's ;o) We also went and looked round some shops with my Mum and Robert in the afternoon and did some more party preparations. Then in the evening I went for a lemonade (yes I live life in the fast lane) with my friend Theresa at the pub. We had agood old chit chat for a couple of hours which was great (and long overdue.)

Today Roo has been doing some English comprehension exercised from a Janet and John workbook. She's also made these fab Oz characters from toilet roll tubes. Sorry pic's a bit rubbish. We've also done some more party preps, drew some pics of fairies and read some books. Off to get Roo ready for Brownies now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Roo's Dad said...

Always impressed by the hard work you put into Roo's Birthday parties, I guess I just never say it.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Aaaah! :o)

3:23 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Ruby slippers are fab! Well done you :-D

Car Boot sales, hmm, I rather enjoy them. Only in nice weather though :-)

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home