Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore!

Here's Romy wearing the unbelievably fabulous Dorothy dress my Mum made. She brought it over today and I couldn't get Roo out of it for hours :o) Thanks Mum. You're an absolute star!



We've done quite a lot for the party today actually. Thank goodness! Only one more day to go. Baking tomorrow I think.

Apart from party stuff (which involved art, craft, reading, writing and counting) we spent a lovely hour or so out in the garden lying on a blanket reading to each other. Romy decided to strip off and spray freezing cold water over herself in an effort to make it feel like summer :o) And what a summer it's going to be - my Mum has bought Roo a GIANT paddling pool for her birthday. It has a cover and a filter so you can leave it filled all season. Cool! Can't wait to try it out.

This evening Roo went to her first TKD lesson as a green belt. She was learning how to use a Bo staff and did some two-on-one sparring. Quite scary really as she had a ten and a twelve-year-old girl trying to kick and punch her. She certainly gave back as good as she got though ;o)

3 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

awww she looks adorable as dorothy :)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi!
I'm just travelling round the blog ring and just had to comment on that beautiful picture.
Her dress and shoes are great! My 7yo dd would just love those. I hope the party goes well; it should as you seem to have put lots of thought and attention into it.
(My dd has her 1st Ju Jitsu grading tomorrow!)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Thanks to both of you :o)

Good luck for the Ju Jittsu!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home