Home's cool, so Home School!

Hi. This is Romy's Home Education blog. Read about her adventures here...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Image hosted by ImageShack
My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Just a quickie.

Can't be bothered writing lots tonight. So here's what we've been up to over the past few days:

-Took Roo to see a JOPSOX (Junior Operatic Society) performance of The Wizard of Oz on Thursday night at the local college. She was absolutely entranced by it. It was fantastic.
-We tie-dyed some fabric, but forgot to buy dye fixative, so most of the colour has come out :o(
-The caterpillars turned into chrysalides after only eight days!!! Now I know as well as the next eejit that caterpillars turn into butterflies, but to actually watch it with one's own eyes: amazing! They crawl up to the top of the container when they're nice and fat and then hang by their back legs. One minute they're upside-down caterpillars and the next they've mutated into a chrysalis. It's so quick and odd. We've hung them in the pop-up butterfly garden thingy and we've to wait about a week for the butterflies to emerge. Can't wait. I think I'm finding it more fascinating than Roo, lol ;o)
-We've been reading loads and loads. I've finished the following books from the library over the past week or two, all of which were top notch: The Time Traveller's Wife, Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction, Watermelon, Anybody Out There? Marian Keyes is fantastic. I especially loved Watermelon as it made me laugh out loud. I've been reading Adrian Mole since the first book, so the new one was a real treat. With Roo I've been reading more Milly Molly Mandy which is utterly charming and old-fashioned. Colin is still reading her The Hobbit. Roo has been reading to herself a lot lately too, which is lovely.
-We did lots more work outside on Thursday. I gave Roo a list of random spellings and mental arithematic. She really enjoyed doing that and did really well too.
-Emily came to play on Friday afternoon. The girls had a fab time making potions in the garden (one dressed as a princess and one as a witch. But of course!) I too had a fab time, as I lounged on the settee finishing my book before it had to go back to the library.
-Talking of libraries; we went yesterday to take my books back and somehow about ten more jumped into my grubby mits. Dunno how that happened, lol. Romy got a leaflet about this year's summer reading scheme The Reading Mission. It starts soon. She loves doing that each summer so we'll definitely be signing up for it.
-We've written lots in our grattitude journal.
-Roo has practiced her Brownie promise for Tuesday. She knows it upside-down and inside-out now. She's still nervous as they all have to stand up and say it by themselves. She'll be reet. Parents can come and watch too, so I'd better take some hankies, rofl.
-Colin and Roo have been excavating all the triffids (ok then, weeds) from the back garden and driveway.
-Yesterday we went to the open surgery at the vets and we had a TWO HOUR wait for a ten second injection for Toby the piggy!!! Blimey. It's the second of three at weekly intervals so we made sure we made an appointment for the next one.
-We've been henna-ing ourselves. I did our palms and then Roo went mad on our feet! Only another four weeks or so until it comes off then ;o) Have a pic of our palms but stupid Blogger won't let me put it up. Aargh!!

Just a daft thing to end on. Saw it at Lucy's blog :o)
Doctor Unheimlich has diagnosed me with
Hazel's Syndrome
Cause:the wrong type of snow
Symptoms:mild lack of reflection in mirrors, shouting, anxiety, scaly skin
Cure:drink lots of water
Enter your name, for your own diagnosis:

Doctor Unheimlich has diagnosed me with
Romy's Disease
Cause:secret military experiments
Symptoms:extreme drowsiness, coughing up blood, mild blisters
Cure:trepanning
Enter your name, for your own diagnosis:

Doctor Unheimlich has diagnosed me with
Colin's Lurgy
Cause:computer virus
Symptoms:premature greying, vague hair growth, glowing
Cure:don't do it again
Enter your name, for your own diagnosis:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home